Uploaded by abhi wagh

gynecomastia 19

Gynecomastia - Your Questions Answered
Gynecomastia is a condition which affects many men and is caused by the production of excess glandular tissue or fat around the male chest. Gynecomastia is extremely common in adolescent boys and most young men will develop enlarged breasts at some stage during their younger years. For 90% of young men the symptoms of gynecomastia will disappear towards their twenties but for the other 10% the symptoms do not disappear and these men are left with man boobs or male breasts. Gynecomastia is an extremely embarrassing condition for a lot of men despite how widespread and common it is. This article aims to answer some of the frequently asked questions regarding this widespread condition. gynecomastia surgery cost in hyderabad
Where does the name gynecomastia come from?
The term 'gynecomastia' is derived from the Greek words 'gyne' and 'mastos'. 'Gyne' means woman and 'mastos' means breasts. The term itself is used to describe the condition of abnormally large breasts on men.
What are the main causes of gynecomastia?
There are many causes of gynecomastia. Some are natural and are a result of various changes that are necessary for the male body to progress through. This would include pubescent gynecomastia which occurs in 90% of young boys and gynecomastia associate with aging. Some gynecomastia can occur as the result of underlying genetic and physical conditions and some forms can even be self induced (excessive exercise and drug abuse).
Could prescription medication cause me to develop gynecomastia?
Unfortunately there are many prescription drugs which can cause a hormone imbalance in men and induce gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can be a very embarrassing condition so always consult your doctor about the side effects before trying any new form of medication.
Is there a surgical procedure to remove the appearance of man breasts?
This is true. Gynecomastia surgery can reduce the appearance of enlarged breasts in men. Gynecomastia surgery or male breast reduction is now the most popular surgical procedure for men and plastic surgeons have seen a recent rise in men opting to have their breasts surgically removed instead of living with the pain and embarrassment of having enlarged breasts.
What can I do if I can't afford gynecomastia surgery?
Where gynecomastia is the symptom of an underlying condition doctors will opt to try to treat the underlying condition before advising patients to have surgery. If your gynecomastia is not the result of a harmful underlying condition and surgery is not an economically viable option for you at this stage in your life there are many clothing items out there which can help to reduce your condition. These include Compressor vests, compressor swimwear and other such compressing undergarment which can help to create the appearance of a 'normal' male chest.
gynecomastia surgery cost in hyderabad