Association of the Miraculous Medal History of the Miraculous Medal FIRST APPARITION: Night of July 18-19, 1830 Blessed Virgin Mary appeared to St. Catherine Laboure in the chapel of Chatillon Sur-Seine SECOND APPARITION: November 27, 1830 Blessed Virgin Mary holding a Globe with the word “France” on it Rays of Light- Graces THIRD APPARITION “O Mary concieved without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee.” People who will wear it will receive great graces especially if they wear it on the neck HISTORY: Paris Association in 1847 International Approval by Pius X in 1909 Perryville Missouri, US VISION: All people draw closer to God through devotion to Mary, Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal. MISSION: The Association of the Miraculous Medal brings Jesus Christ to the world by inspiring devotion to Mary, Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal, through whom we unite ourselves in prayer to grow in holiness while supporting the apostolic mission and charitable work of our Vincentian priests and brothers. MINISTRY:. Home Visit Charity for the poor. Assist the C.M. ministries and missions HISTORY IN THE PHILIPPINES: 1862- Arrival of Daughters of charity in the Philippines 1957- Jose Chebat (Layperson), Fr. Jesus Ma. Cavanna (National director of the ACOM) August 15, 1957 – Miraculous Medal Apostolate November 1957 – MMA was launched in St. Vincent de Paul Church 1964- 2 buildings: 1. Marian center, 2. National Shrine of Our Lady of Miraculous Medal 1978 – Estela Posadas donated a 500 sq m lot for the Shrine July 19, 1979 – red-letter day of the Shrine July 1980 – the shrine was completed September 7, 1980 – inauguration and blessing QUALIFICATIONS: wear the medal and say the prayer DEPUTY DIRECTOR (Phil.): Fr. Carl Pieber, CM SPIRITUAL DIRECTOR: Fr. Oscar Lukefahr, C.M.