Colors Music Class
1. Begin each class with the Hokey Pokey
2. Introduce theme and go over signs: a. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple
3. 1st Song (1st, 4th, and 5th songs should be with obvious movement/actions) a. Signing Time’s Colors of the Rainbow
4. 2nd Song and instrument play a. Blue Moon b. Blue Skies c. What a Wonderful World
5. Finger Play
The Color Song (To the tune of "This Old Man")
Red, red, red, touch your head.
Blue, blue, blue, tie your shoe.
Brown, brown, brown, touch the ground.
White, white, white, take a bite.
Black, black, black, touch your back.
Purple, purple, purple, draw a circle.
Pink, pink, pink, give a wink.
Gray, gray, gray, shout hurray!
6. 3rd Song and creative movement Dance (this song would be more of a free movement activity) a.
IF YOU’RE WEARING SOMETHING BLUE
Tune: “If You’re Happy And You Know It”
If you’re wearing something blue, clap your hands. (or play your instrument)
If you’re wearing something blue, clap your hands.
If you’re wearing something blue, then stomp your feet, too.
If you’re wearing something blue, cap your hands.
Repeat for other colors
7. 4th Song a. I’M A LITTLE PUMPKIN (Tune: “I’m A Little Teapot”)
I’m a little pumpkin,
Orange and round.
When I’m sad,
My face wears a frown.
But when I’m happy,
Watch my smile
Just grow and grow.
8. Pretend play/game a. Play Red Rover
9. 5th Song a. Sing a Rainbow
10. Parachute Play a. separate out different activities for the different colors on the parachute
11. Concluding song, sing after me
Spotify Playlist: Music Class Colors