Notice to Employees--Injuries Caused By Work Division of Workers'

Division of Workers' Compensation
Notice to Employees--Injuries Caused By Work
You may be entitled to workers' compensation benefits if you are injured or become ill because of your job. Workers' compensation covers
most work-related physical or mental injuries and illnesses. An injury or illness can be caused by one event (such as hurting your back in a fall)
or by repeated exposures (such as hurting your wrist from doing the same motion over and over).
Benefits. Workers' compensation benefits include:
• Medical Care: Doctor visits, hospital services, physical therapy, lab tests, x-rays, and medicines that are reasonably necessary to treat your
injury. You should never see a bill. There is a limit on some medical services.
• Temporary Disability (TD) Benefits: Payments if you lose wages while recovering. For most injuries, TD benefits may not be paid for
more than 104 weeks within five years from the date of injury.
• Permanent Disability (PD) Benefits: Payments if your injury causes a permanent disability.
• Supplemental Job Displacement Benefit: A nontransferable voucher payable to a state approved school if your injury arises on or after
1/1/04 and results in a permanent disability that prevents you from returning to work within 60 days after TD ends, and your employer does
not offer you modified or alternative work.
• Death Benefits: Paid to dependents of a worker who dies from a work-related injury or illness.
Naming Your Own Physician Before Injury or Illness (Predesignation). You may be able to choose the doctor who will treat you for a job
injury or illness. If eligible, you must tell your employer, in writing, the name and address of your personal physician or medical group before
you are injured and your physician must agree to treat you for your work injury. For instructions, see the written information about workers'
compensation that your employer is required to give to new employees.
If You Get Hurt:
Get Medical Care. If you need emergency care, call 911 for help immediately from the hospital, ambulance, fire department or police
department. If you need first aid, contact your employer.
Report Your Injury. Report the injury immediately to your supervisor or to an employer representative. Don't delay. There are time
limits. If you wait too long, you may lose your right to benefits. Your employer is required to provide you a claim form within one working
day after learning about your injury. Within one working day after you file a claim form, your employer shall authorize the provision of all
treatment, consistent with the applicable treating guidelines, for your alleged injury and shall be liable for up to ten thousand dollars
($10,000) in treatment until the claim is accepted or rejected.
See Your Primary Treating Physician (PTP). This is the doctor with overall responsibility for treating your injury or illness. If you
predesignated by naming your personal physician or medical group before injury (see above), you may see him or her for treatment in
certain circumstances. Otherwise, your employer has the right to select the physician who will treat you for the first 30 days. You may be
able to switch to a doctor of your choice after 30 days. Different rules apply if your employer offers a Health Care Organization (HCO) or
has a Medical Provider Network (MPN). You should receive information from your employer if you are covered by an HCO or a MPN.
Contact your employer for more information.
Medical Provider Networks. Your employer may be using a MPN, which is a selected network of health care providers to provide
treatment to workers injured on the job. If your employer is using a MPN, a MPN notice should be posted next to this poster to
explain how to use the MPN. You can request a copy of this notice by calling the MPN number below. If you have predesignated a
personal physician prior to your work injury, then you may receive treatment from your predesignated doctor. If you have not
predesignated and your employer is using a MPN, you are free to choose an appropriate provider from the MPN list after the first medical
visit directed by your employer. If you are treating with a non-MPN doctor for an existing injury, you may be required to change to a
doctor within the MPN. For more information, see the MPN contact information below:
(800) 966-5307
Current MPN’s toll free number: __________________MPN
website: _______________________________________________________
MPN Effective Date_____________ Current MPN’s address: ______________________________________________________________
1100 Town & Country, Suite 400 Orange CA 92868
Discrimination. It is illegal for your employer to punish or fire you for having a work injury or illness, for filing a claim, or testifying in
another person's workers' compensation case. If proven, you may receive lost wages, job reinstatement, increased benefits, and costs and
expenses up to limits set by the state.
Questions? Learn more about workers' compensation by reading the information that your employer is required to give you at time of hire. If
you have questions, see your employer or the claims administrator (who handles workers' compensation claims for your employer):
(800) 262-4459
Claims Administrator ________________________________________________________________Phone
Chubb Group of Insurance Companies
Workers’ compensation insurer _______________________________________________________
(Enter “self-insured” if appropriate)
Chubb Group of Insurance Companies
Policy Expiration Date ____________________
If the workers’ compensation policy has expired, contact a Labor Commissioner at the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE).
You can also get free information from a State Division of Workers' Compensation Information & Assistance Officer. The nearest Information or by calling
& Assistance Officer can be found at location: ________________________________________________________________
toll-free (800) 736-7401. Learn more information about DWC and DLSE online: or
False claims and false denials. Any person who makes or causes to be made any knowingly false or fraudulent material statement or material
representation for the purpose of obtaining or denying workers' compensation benefits or payments is guilty of a felony and may be fined and
Your employer may not be liable for the payment of workers' compensation benefits for any injury that arises from your voluntary
participation in any off-duty, recreational, social, or athletic activity that is not part of your work-related duties.
DWC 7 (6/10)
División de Compensación de Trabajadores
Aviso a los Empleados—Lesiones Causadas por el Trabajo
Es posible que usted tenga derecho a beneficios de compensación de trabajadores si usted se lesiona o se enferma a causa de su trabajo. La
compensación de trabajadores cubre la mayoría de las lesiones y enfermedades físicas o mentales relacionadas con el trabajo. Una lesión o enfermedad
puede ser causada por un evento (como por ejemplo el lastimarse la espalda en una caída) o por acciones repetidas (como por ejemplo lastimarse la
muñeca por hacer el mismo movimiento una y otra vez).
Beneficios. Los beneficios de compensación de trabajadores incluyen:
• Atención Médica: Consultas médicas, servicios de hospital, terapia física, análisis de laboratorio, radiografías y medicinas que son
razonablemente necesarias para tratar su lesión. Usted nunca deberá ver un cobro. Hay un límite para ciertos servicios médicos.
• Beneficios por Incapacidad Temporal (TD): Pagos si usted pierde sueldo mientras se recupera. Para la mayoría de las lesiones, beneficios de
TD no se pagarán por mas de 104 semanas dentro de cinco años después de la fecha de la lesión.
• Beneficios por Incapacidad Permanente (PD): Pagos si su lesión le causa una incapacidad permanente.
• Beneficio Suplementario por Desplazamiento de Trabajo: Un vale no-transferible pagadero a una escuela aprobada por el estado si su lesión
surge en o después del 1/1/04, y le ocasiona una incapacidad permanente que le impida regresar al trabajo dentro de 60 días después de que los
pagos por TD terminen y su empleador no le ofrece a usted un trabajo modificado o alternativo.
• Beneficios por Muerte: Pagados a los dependientes de un(a) trabajador(a) que muere a causa de una lesión o enfermedad relacionada con el
Designación de su Propio Médico Antes de una Lesión o Enfermedad (Designación previa). Es posible que usted pueda elegir al médico que le
atenderá en una lesión o enfermedad relacionada con el trabajo. Si elegible, usted debe informarle al empleador, por escrito, el nombre y la dirección
de su médico personal o grupo médico, antes de que usted se lesione y su médico debe estar de acuerdo de atenderle la lesión causada por el trabajo.
Para instrucciones, vea la información escrita sobre la compensación de trabajadores que se le exige a su empleador darle a los empleados nuevos.
Si Usted se Lastima:
1. Obtenga Atención Médica. Si usted necesita atención de emergencia, llame al 911 para ayuda inmediata de un hospital, una ambulancia, el
departamento de bomberos o departamento de policía. Si usted necesita primeros auxilios, comuníquese con su empleador.
Reporte su Lesión. Reporte la lesión inmediatamente a su supervisor(a) o a un representante del empleador. No se demore. Hay límites de
tiempo. Si usted espera demasiado, es posible que usted pierda su derecho a beneficios. Su empleador está obligado a proporcionarle un
formulario de reclamo dentro de un día laboral después de saber de su lesión. Dentro de un día después de que usted presente un formulario de
reclamo, el empleador autorizará todo tratamiento médico de acuerdo con las pautas de tratamiento aplicables a su presunta lesión y será
responsable por diez mil dolares ($10,000) en tratamiento hasta que el reclamo sea aceptado o rechazado.
Consulte al Médico que le está Atendiendo (PTP). Este es el médico con la responsabilidad total de tratar su lesión o enfermedad. Si usted
designó previamente a su médico personal o grupo médico antes lesionarse (vea uno de los párrafos anteriores), en ciertas circunstancias, usted
puede consultarlo para el tratamiento. De otra forma, su empleador tiene el derecho de seleccionar al médico que le atenderá durante los primeros
30 días. Es posible que usted pueda cambiar a un médico de su preferencia después de 30 días. Hay reglas diferentes que se aplican cuando su
empleador ofrece una Organización de Cuidado Médico (HCO) o si tiene una Red de Proveedores Médicos (MPN). Usted debe recibir
información de su empleador si está cubierto por una HCO o una MPN. Hable con su empleador para más información.
Red de Proveedores Médicos (MPN): Es posible que su empleador use una MPN, lo cual es una red de proveedores de asistencia médica
seleccionados para dar tratamiento a los trabajadores lesionados en el trabajo. Si su empleador usa una MPN, una notificación de la MPN debe
estar al lado de este cartel para explicar como usar la MPN. Usted puede pedir una copia de esta notificación hablando al número de la MPN
debajo descrito. Si usted ha hecho una designación previa de un médico personal antes de lesionarse en el trabajo, entonces usted puede
recibir tratamiento de su medico previamente designado. Si usted no ha hecho una designación previa y su empleador está usando una MPN,
usted puede escoger un proveedor apropiado de la lista de la MPN después de la primera visita médica dirigida por su empleador. Si usted está
recibiendo tratamiento de parte de un médico que no pertenece a la MPN para una lesión existente, puede requerirse que usted se cambie a un
médico dentro de la MPN. Para más información, vea la siguente información del contacto de la MPN :
(800) 966-5307
Número gratuito de la MPN vigente:_______________Página
web de la MPN:______________________________________________________
1100 Town & Country, Suite 400 Orange CA 92868
Fecha de vigencia de la MPN ______________Dirección de la MPN vigente _________________________________________________________
Discriminación. Es ilegal que su empleador le castigue o despida por sufrir una lesión o enfermedad en el trabajo, por presentar un reclamo o por
testificar en el caso de compensación de trabajadores de otra persona. De ser probado, usted puede recibir pagos por pérdida de sueldos, reposición del
trabajo, aumento de beneficios y gastos hasta los límites establecidos por el estado.
¿Preguntas? Aprenda más sobre la compensación de trabajadores leyendo la información que se requiere que su empleador le dé cuando es
contratado. Si usted tiene preguntas, vea a su empleador o al administrador de reclamos (que se encarga de los reclamos de compensación de
trabajadores de su empleador):
(800) 262-4459
Chubb Group of Insurance Companies
Administrador de Reclamos _____________________________________________________________________Teléfono
Chubb Group of Insurance Companies (Anote “autoasegurado” si es apropiado)
Asegurador del Seguro de Compensación de trabajador ___________________________________________
Fecha de Vencimiento de la Póliza _______________________
Si la póliza de compensación de trabajadores se ha vencido, comuníquese con el Comisionado Laboral, en la División para el Cumplimiento de las
Normas Laborales (Division of Labor Standards Enforcement- DLSE).
Usted también puede obtener información gratuita de un Oficial de Información y Asistencia de la División Estatal de Compensación de Trabajadores.
El Oficial de Información y Asistencia más cercano se localiza en ___________________________________________________________________
o llamando al número gratuito (800) 736-7401. Usted puede obtener más información sobre de la DWC y DLSE en el Internet en: o
Los reclamos falsos y rechazos falsos del reclamo. Cualquier persona que haga o que ocasione que se haga una declaración o una representación
material intencionalmente falsa o fraudulenta, con el fin de obtener o negar beneficios o pagos de compensación de trabajadores, es culpable de un
delito grave y puede ser multado y encarcelado.
Es posible que su empleador no sea responsable por el pago de beneficios de compensación de trabajadores para ninguna lesión que proviene de su
participación voluntaria en cualquier actividad fuera del trabajo, recreativa, social, o atlética que no sea parte de sus deberes laborales.
DWC 7 (6/10)