Brownfield, MO 10-05-06 91 year-old plots of continuous corn to be commemorated by Jerry Passer A tour and commemoration ceremony of Iowa State University’s (ISU) long term continuous corn research plots will be held October 12. The plots have been planted to corn since 1915. They were originally part of an extensive crop rotation/soil fertility study established when the agronomic plot work was moved from central campus in 1915 to south of Ames on State Avenue. The land is now part of the ISU Animal Science Teaching Farm Complex. The long-term continuous plots have been maintained although the experimental treatments have been modified. They are being named after W.H. Stevenson and E.P. Brown, former ISU soil scientists who were instrumental in establishing the plots. Both were faculty members who served as department heads. The tour will be from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.